Rick & Phil,
<br>
<br>My 1903 with the 14 type forearm looks all original. the
<br>slot for the slid rod cap is 10.5 inches from the receiver, normal 03s are 7.5. I found this gun when it was bought with hundreds of others from a gunsmith in Ms. It had numerous years of crud on it. The barrel has the Dec @5 1908 patent on it and it has the common 03 stock, all #s match. I have cataloge #24 1909 and the 1903 catalogue. The English Pattern with a shotgun butt with hard rubber plate is listed, $13.50. The 1909 cataloge indicated that 2 mags are shipped with each gun and they handle s/l/lr. In the 1903 catalogue there are drawings of the mags in which the center indentations that runs verically on the mags stops about 1/2inch from the bottom. My 22short and one other marked L&lr mag looks like this and they do not have the 1908 pat date. My other mags this indentation goes all the way to the bottom and all have the 1908 date. I have also noticed that some of the 1909's have an (A) prefix on the serial number. I am looking for a good 1909. (or a bad one)
<br>
<br>I am glad we are getting to talk about these pumps. Rick I will be working at Lee's Gun Parts tables. If any one needs parts let me know and I will bring. Email me at rogermcafee@msn.com