I could tell you the name of a lot of small towns here in Montana where you may find a box of WM but I sure would not be for betting on finding a box of Wby ammo.

As to the freebore and Wby's, they are all about speed. Without cutting their chambers this way they would be giving up a good deal of their marketing.

I've yet to of ever found a serious and I mean serious shooter and hunter that had a stock Wby, coveted it and loved it. I know of more than a few hunters that use them and covet and love them. But, this group of fellas is not into the accuracy game like the first group. They site in their rifles and go and hunt.

Personally I do feel that Wby's day in and day out see less hill time than other rifles. Just my observation is that a goodly share of the Wby's out there are safe queens. Some of them go on a few guided hunts here and there but most are not hunted hard. Nor are most held to very high of expectations.

Personally I do love the freebore rounds and I have them put onto platforms other than the Mark 5. Main reason being is that I like barrel weight in a rifle and the Mark 5 is too darn heavy for me. I want the weight out front and not in the action.

Just the way I see it.

Mark D

Last edited by Mark R Dobrenski; 06/13/06.

"True respect starts with the way you treat others, and it is earned over a lifetime of demonstrating kindness, honor and dignity"....Tony Dungy