Goodnews, in my experience, the 300 Weatherby is about 100 fps., on average, than the 300 Win. Mag. when both are loaded to their full potential. I've never seen that the 300 Weatherby kills stuff any better than the 300 Win. Mag., though, but it does burn more powder, make more noise, and kick harder. I don't need it, and I'd rather simply stick with the 300 Winchester, as I have for many years.

Weatherby Award winner James Mellon used the 300 Win. Mag. to take literally ever legal-to-hunt species of the world's big game, and he spent five solid years in Africa (basically one big safari across most of the continent) and he used the 300 Win. Mag. much more than anything else, and also all across Asia, North America, etc.........

Quite honestly, I don't think there's any practical difference on game between the 300 WSM, 300 H&H, 308 Norma, 300 Win. Mag., or 300 Wby. Load a 180 gr. bullet @ 3000 fps. + out of any other them, and you've arrived with all you need for just about anything...........

AD

"The placing of the bullet is everything. The most powerful weapon made will not make up for lack of skill in marksmanship."

Colonel Townsend Whelen