Hi Steelhead. Hope I don't offend with this digression.

Started with occasional misfeed with 65gr to 75gr bullets, but I thought it was a break in issue and intend to use 55gr loads anyway. On another thread I went on and on about how much I like this rifle.

I now have over 300 rounds through it and it has gotten worse. Happens usually with the first round, almost always with the last round, and, for some reason, almost never with the 2d, 3d and 4th round.

Working the bolt with some vigor helps but is not a complete fix. It happens with all loads now, even 55gr FMJ. The bolt rides up over the case, sometimes after it starts to push the round out, sometimes before it even moves the round at all.

Partly its the magazine as it can get jammed just trying to load rounds into the magazine. But it may be more than the mag. It happens even when I place a round into the ejection port, resting on the magazine lips. Seems to catch up on the throat.

I ordered a spare magazine from the online Ruger store and I hope that helps when it comes in. After 30 years of owning many different Rugers this is my first problem of any kind.

I like the rifle so much I will keep it even if I can't sort this out and just treat it as a single shot that might work like a repeater now and then. So much for using is as my dangerous game stopper.