Originally Posted by EZEARL
Sounds good,general.
Checked the pull weight on my 1640 last evening. 7.25lbs

Hello EZEarl
I am not the Least Bit Surprised, The Trigger Pull on these Husqvarna Model 1640 action's is at best Horrid. To me, it is the Only Fault of a finer High quality rile. I have had many High end rifles in the past 40 Years' and being that I am a Collector of fine firearms I am also a hand Loader who strives for perfection in making One Ragged hole group's on Target with my rifles. This Trigger Issues has kept me from doing that, and I am Not a Lover of Timney's Luke warm Attempt Trigger assembly that they are currently offering. Not Only do you have to Hack UP a Gorgeous stock to use it, as well as Modify the Gun's Safety lever system & the Trigger consist's of letting off the trigger of a gun through Spring Pressure on the gun's action sear and everyone Know's over time Springs ALWAYS change and get weak or stretch. That is what set's Huber concept's Trigger a Cut above the rest John Huber Engineered & designed his trigger to work with the existing Factory Husqvarna trigger assembly and he has done so by using an Ingenious Twin Precision Ball Bearing design which provide's a Millisecond Lightning Fast fast Timing Mode, where as the Bullet is Gone Long before you expect it to be, eliminating any Flinching what so ever, which is Very Common on Big Recoiling caliber's which means to The shooter supreme accuracy of the weapon as you are not waiting on a compressed spring to let lose of your trigger Sear. Evidently Timney has Little Regard for their customer's Real Need's offering the Trigger that they do & have in the past for these rifle's so I will not spend my Hard earned dollars on their Low Performance, ILL Engineered Luke waste of money Trigger assembly.

In Keeping everyone apprised at Just what to expect when Installing one of John Huber's Excellent Frictionless Trigger's, I have to Place a call to Gary their P&R Guy early Monday Morning. Gary told me that this Trigger was an easy Drop in style where I would only have to shave 0.02" at the very Most of the stock wood around my Trigger guard area to allow the use of their trigger. That may hold True for the Sweden made Husqvarna rifle's, but in my Case with this S&W Model-A Rifle of mine this was Not True. My Gun shipped into S&W in 1967. It came to S&W as a Barreled action. S&W designed and Built the Gorgeous wood stock for it and in the process evidently made their stock's Much Thicker in the trigger Guard area, than the Swedish Built Husqvarna's. Now, I Not Bragging , but I am a 43 Year Mechanic, so I saw this as No Huge deal, I used a air Powered die grinder with a rotary tip to modify the front trigger Guard area of my wood stock. The Problem was that the Huber Trigger Creep Allen head screw would not go down into my wood stock to allow it enough clearance for my action to mate back up as it should. I took about ten Minute's of my time to alter the wood some what and it fit perfectly when I was done, But I want to tell Other's reading this article I have Written that if you have a S&W Branded rifle there may have to be some slight Modifying of your stock. Just Like anything else stock's may vary so some may Not need any modification, where as other's like mine may need this, so if this Intimidates you, Buyer Beware. I can tell you, that aside from that this Trigger is Superb in any fashion or form and I am really Looking forward to getting my gun on the bench rest to se just how accurate it is now. You can set these trigger's as low as you Like, I chose for mine to break clean at 3/4 of a Pound with Zero Creep. I am Certain that This Huber concept's trigger will forever change my attitude of this rifle from here forward. I will post Picture's of my Target result's as soon as I have them to do so. Regards The General

Yeah, though I walk through the Valley of the Shadow of Death ,... I Shall Fear no Evil, as I Always have with me Me my Loaded Smith & Wesson "..