Originally Posted by Snyper
I have NEVER seen an A-bolt make it through a hunt without the trigger failing.

LOL
I thought you were going to be serious

Don't complain when you ask questions and you get info from folks that have used them.

You haven't used one, and I really don't believe they all "failed" since mine is over 30 years old and has never failed

If you don't like them, just say so , but there's no need to make up silly stories

You haven't used one, and I really don't believe they all "failed" since mine is over 30 years old and has never failed

I never said I haven't used one. I have shot quite a few of them. My neighbors brings me his every season so I can fix it and get it sighted in for the next hunt. It quit on us during an elk hunt this past season, finished the hunt with my backup rifle.

I only said that I have never OWNED one and never will. Browning is mostly concerned with aesthetics, not performance and reliability.

I don't know where you live or what you hunt but I know they can't handle the Arizona dust and according to Sitka deer, they can't handle Alaska's weather either.

I have one hunter whose bolt wouldn't cock due to dust in the trigger. I told him to just hang it in a tree and we would pick it up at the end of the day and he could use my rifle. He did and we did. When we got back to the ATV I used oil from the dipstick to soak the trigger just to show him what had happened. Worked fine then. I tanked it when We got back to my shop and it continued to work. I don't have to clean my other triggers every year. I have some rifles that haven't had the action out of the stock in 50 years and the triggers still work EVERY time.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.