The reason I asked for input from the group is that in hopefully the next 3-4 years I want to go an a hunt for brown bear in alaska. I have been checking out websites and I have read that guides will not even considering taking some one out without a .338 WM or higher (with .375 HH prefered).
<br>
<br>I currently hunt with a .300 wby mag and am comfortable with the recoil. from Weatherby's literature the .340 really isn't that much more than the .300. When I purchased the .300 wby I was under the impression that it would meet my hunting needs for any game in north america (bad advice i guess). So if this bear hunt becomes a reality I'm going to have to step it up a little bit.
<br>
<br>I was going to go checking the local gun shops this week-end but research got in the way. So hopefully I will get a chance to go looking around and see what a .338 WM costs. I pretty much know what a .340 wby costs (aint pretty!!)
<br>
<br>I greatly appeciate all the input from the group. Since archery has just opened up in parts of the country I will wish you all good luck with the season and upcoming rifle seasons!
<br>
<br>George
<br>

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...