Blaine,
<br>
<br>I am a simple creature. I like great bullets,to strike in a great place. That means the X (my favorite) and breaking skeletal structure (I'm a bone breaker of the highest order,that is my preferred shot)or hopefully hitting CNS in your prior post.
<br>
<br>All of the chamberings you mention,are very good and arguements could be made for eternity. I can't produce any Science to weigh in favor of something,over another. All I have is gut instinct and that of course is very subjective.
<br>
<br>The 338Ultra with great bullets,slams stuff in a manner that is very,very convincing. I've always liked the 375H&H and have owned quite a few. I prefer the 375H&H and my favorite was the 378Wby,but I aborted it because it wasn't S/S. So I'm the last guy to cuss 375's in general and those prior mentioned,in particular.
<br>
<br>But when looking back and looking forward,the 338Ultra is just one hell of a sensational cartridge. It is not for everyone,but few things are. It amazes me to shoot something that accurate,of that diameter/weight,going that fast. It is an amazing combination of attributes and it is a Holy Terror on critters.
<br>
<br>My intent was not to twist arms,because as usual,my notions are rather different than most folks and I very much understand that. I've dabbled with a lot of "big" chamberings and only the 378Wby impresses me in the way the Ultra does.
<br>
<br>I'm thinking very seriously about building myself another 338Ultra,that is of lighter weight,for even greater utility......................
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."