Well guys,
<br>
<br>I've been reading these posts and learning a great deal. Let me set the record straight ... I'm a single graduate student and have no children that will go hungry. I enjoy having nice rifles that shoot accurate and just by dumb luck have been able to fall into three which I like a lot and got great deals on. My Weatherby Sporter (.300 WBY MAG), Tikka Continetal (.22-250), and my newest arrival the Beretta Mato (7mm Rem Mag). All purchased new and less than $500 (except the Weatherby which was at $700). For the next 3 years rifles in that price range are the best I'm going to do. So with that said, now everyone knows my kids won't starve. [Linked Image]
<br>
<br>As far as cool goes .... wouldn't be real cool to own a .338-.378 WBY?? Not many of those floating around. I kicked the idea of "building" a .338 WM from the point of getting a cheap on in ADL format and going from there. But Rem doesn't make an ADL that big ... only the BDL's .... now that SUCKS [Linked Image] . Relplace parts slowly stock, trigger, barrel and such .... but at the same time having a rifle that could always be taken to the range. I fear I do not know near enough about this trade to attempt just buying an action and going it from there. But I do have two local gun shops that are real good (IMO) and probably get help there. Actually the building interests me the most ... now that would be cool to tell others ... "I built it [Linked Image]" Reading these posts has me looking into the .375 H&H. Not much out there in .375 that is at a reasonable price (my definition (<$600).
<br>
<br>But then again I'm not in any real hurry. Gives me stuff to think about.
<br>
<br>Once again thanx for all the great input!!
<br>
<br>George
<br>

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...