24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Is the NRA a helpful orginization? Hastings 05/05/24
Originally Posted by memtb
In spite of all of the seemingly corruption/way overpaid personal, ect. they have done a lot of very good things toward protecting The Second Amendment! memtb
How about specifically name some of the good things they've done.

Remember now, if this is a constitutionally protected freedom the fighting needs to be in court not the legislatures. All that accomplishes is to keep a crisis atmosphere (and the money grubbing) going. Legislation cannot alter the constitution.
12 989 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: CDL jobs Dutch 05/05/24
Originally Posted by Gunnison1
Several truck drivers I know here in Arkansas are crying the blues. Claiming that their loads have been reduced and their miles have dropped. Not sure how widespread the issue is or what segments are the most impacted.

"Trucking", as in Over The Road long haul, is in an extended cyclical low. Volume is still good, but the Covidiocy induced high of the cycle caused as much as 30% capacity being added -- way too much. That capacity is now being squeezed out.

Drivers with good records are still doing ok, but if you have a marginal record, OTR jobs are difficult to impossible to find, and yes, trucks are sitting more and rates are doo-doo for the most part.
53 4,252 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: How Sure Are You Trump Will Beat Lying F'N Biden tedthorn 05/05/24
Originally Posted by TimberRunner
Remember the red wave we were supposed to have in 2022?

It wasn't what we expected and two years later what have they done?
134 11,529 more...
IC B2
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Ukraine’s “Counter-Offensive” Major Belly Flop earlybrd 05/05/24
LOL the ukrop phaagut pops in
6,116 480,334 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Its meme time MarineHawk 05/05/24
Originally Posted by MAC
Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by Morewood
[Linked Image from blogger.googleusercontent.com]
His father was not the Chappaquidick killer. That would be his Uncle Ted.

But the whole damn Kennedy Klan, INCLUDING HIS FATHER, sure circled the wagons around him didn't they? That's the point of that photo.

Geez. RFK died 13 months before Chappaquiddick.
79,256 14,962,194 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Remington 700 barreled action .25-06 $550 tophorsecop 05/05/24
PICTURES ADDED TO LISTING, and pictures sent to all that have requested them ! Thanks for your interest !!! 24" barrel length...I don't think the Academy/Wamart guns had Timney triggers...LOL!
6 1,326 more...
Canada Jump to new posts
Re: Improved Cartridges and Ellwood Epps Steve Redgwell 05/05/24
I think the exaggerations were honest mistakes. The claims were made before affordable chronographs were available.

I sold off my Epps P14 years ago because of feed issues. I could load one or two Epps cartridges before it would fail to feed. It was easier to get my No4s to feed, but even then, they could only take two or three cartridges. It always worked best if you loaded a std 303 British case in the magazine first and then two Epps cartridges on top. I tried playing with the followers, but it was a pain.

This isn't the best picture, but when I was experimenting with loads, many of my rifles shot H4350 the best. I could manage about 190 fps faster than std 303 velocities, but the cases didn't like it, even though they were improved.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
9 1,022 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: VERY EFFECTIVE MOVIE OPENINGS. Gooch_McGrundle 05/05/24
Top Gun
41 3,381 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Honda poor customer service wyosteve 05/05/24
They're all like this. Good friend had the engine go out in his Chevy pickup in December. Was late July until the dealer replaced it!
39 3,399 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Wtb 20tactical Nathan30 05/05/24
Looking for a 20 tac barrel in contender or bolt action please help
9 639 more...
IC B3
Hunter's Campfire
Re: VERY EFFECTIVE MOVIE OPENINGS. DaveinWV 05/05/24
41 3,381 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: 2002 F250 7.3 w/ 121k Heym06 05/05/24
Originally Posted by 007FJ
Originally Posted by Heym06
Originally Posted by Tarkio
What is this truck worth these days?

Extended cab, long bed, 4wd. Very clean.
Could be where the dip stick goes in, hope it's not, you would need to pull the pan to repair it correctly. Ford used a organic 😎, plastic for this part, they crack and leak.

There are two methods to do this in the truck.

One converts it to an outside gasket. (Much less expensive) Follow the video directions and use a heavy duty coat hanger to capture the piece and remove the o-ring...do not drop it.

https://www.riffraffdiesel.com/dipstick-adapter-repair-kit-7-3l-94-03/

The other is a big aluminum piece that replaces the existing one. Again do not drop the o-ring and the old tube adapter drops to the bottom. Follow the video directions on you tube and print.

https://www.strictlydiesel.com/product/2690/strictly-diesel-dipstick-adapter-repair-kit

If you don’t have patience and mechanical skills, pay someone to do it.
. These are patches for poor engineering. Drop a piece off the coat hanger and then what. Watched the neighbor fight that battle!
48 4,264 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Its meme time DMc 05/05/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
79,256 14,962,194 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: 24 inches to 18 inches 375 H&H prairie_goat 05/05/24
Originally Posted by RinB
Suppressors make a rifle pretty unwieldy something to be avoided for things that require a 375 level of power.

That's simply not true, when the rifle is put together with a suppressor in mind.
When building with the end goal of using a suppressor, the entire package can be made a similar length to a 23-24" normal rifle and balance properly. It just takes some planning, not only with barrel length, but stock weight as well as scope and mounts to counterbalance the can. The big thing is not screwing a can onto a normal length rifle, as that absolutely does destroy the handling characteristics.

To the OP, skip ER Shaw if they won't go shorter than 18". Find a smith that will build on a 16-17" barrel. The can will work fine with a shorter barrel in the 375 because of the expansion ratio - the muzzle pressure is a lot lower than the "magnums" the can companies are worried about when they talk about minimum barrel lengths.
Whatever you do, stay with a light barrel contour. Too many smiths (and rifle manufacturers) build 375s on overly heavy barrel contours. Since you're looking at a Rem 700, stick with something like the Rem mag sporter contour used on the factory 7RM.
42 4,986 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: For The Cattlemen Here JoeBob 05/05/24
I suspect it is coming. I was watching “Clarkson’s Farm” and he got some cows. They had to tag the cow’s and the calves and then call in and register them with a government agency. Every cow was accounted for and the calves had to be matched with the cows. So, they are already doing it in England I guess.
30 2,775 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Sunbird... lvmiker 05/05/24
You might consider getting the ONX app. It defines land owner boundaries and public land in a manner conducive to finding great spots, trails and backroads. It definitely helps find the roads and routes less travelled. That sounds like a great escape.

mike r
59 3,647 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: 1899B TBigBuck 05/05/24
Joe, I know what you mean... I'm a 34-year Ford Dealer Dual path Senior Master Tech, and being that way have always been mechanically/fabricator inclined...and as such, I am fascinated with our past-modern era forefathers' abilities to make some of our mechanical marvels from steam locomotives and aircraft, to firearm barrels/parts, and especially manual/automatic transmission and the like, without CAD. The thinking and fabrication they used, is not anything like current times, and may never be seen again in my opinion.
35 3,105 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Honda poor customer service GeoW 05/05/24
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Is every auto company having problems getting parts still, or is this just a Honda thing?

My youngest has a 2017 Dodge 1500 Eco-Diesel.
Got a recall letter from Dodge about the fuel pump in 2021.
The kid immediately ran to a Dodge dealership to have the recall work done and a couple of other minor hiccups fixed.
The Customer Svc Mgr told the kid "they" didn't have the part to correct the recall, check back in a month or two.
Six months later, the dealership STILL didn't have the part. In fact, the kid was told Dodge hadn't even started manufacturing the part for the repair and didn't know WHEN the part "MAY" become available!
After having other fuel system problems, the kid was informed that the dealership did, in fact, FINALLY get the part to make the needed repair.
Over 2 years later!

The pickup is great! Runs like a top and has everything (except pulling power!) the kid wants and needs! Roomy and comfortable....and 4 door!
But 2 YEARS?

These car maker/dealerships are clever. Been getting numerous recall notices for both my Hondas and my Toyota for some bullshit little plastic parts, etc. (seat belt retainer clip, and so-on so-forth)

Their goal is to get you to bring your car in, have a 25 cent part replaced, and in the meantime they run a bullshit scan on your vehicle and find scores of things needing attention, then hard sell their services.

No dealerships work on my vehicles, they are money hungry crooks.
39 3,399 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: Is the NRA a helpful orginization? sidewinder72 05/05/24
I was a NRA member for many years but stopped supporting them and corrupt ways a while back. I now support the GOA and will never support the NRA until the entire board is replaced. They have done nothing to deserve your support. Try the GOA because they are actually trying.
12 989 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: For The Cattlemen Here MartinStrummer 05/05/24
Originally Posted by Osky
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
The Gov't just keeps adding restrictions to cattle raisers.
As if $150k tractors, $3.50/gal fuel, $400/ton fertilizer and threats of "methane emission" taxes isn't enough to frustrate a farmer!
It's mind blowing!

Reminds me of the Gov't requiring explosive producers to place small identifiers in their product. That way, the Gov't could figure out who made the explosive.....except the environment ended up being flooded with "explosive markers" so badly, they couldn't figure out WHERE the explosive came from!

150k on a tractor? Vermeer bailers are pushing past 50k anymore at least the 504 plus models. All in it might be tough to get two for 150K.

Osky

Guess that shows I've been out of it for awhile! LOL!
.....and I live in farm country! Cattle, wheat and cotton prevail around here.

I can remember when the big, articulated 9600 JD tractors were $110k to $120k depending on accessories.
Guy up north of me farms a creek bottom. His big John Deere has triple tires all around. I understand that farmers don't go through tractor tires like NASCAR racers do, but what do those tires cost now? A thousand? Fifteen hundred? ...or more?
I can't imagine trying to replace all those tires at once! 🤯

It is a bit hard to comprehend for alot of folks who worked for an hourly wage all their lives, but a farmer mostly gets paid once a year! When he sells his main "crop"!
THAT paycheck must cover expenses to start the process for next year, plus living expenses for the family!
30 2,775 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: The older I get, rcamuglia 05/05/24
😁
24 2,455 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Iron and wood in Fairbanks norm99 05/05/24
there are some treasures wonder what the prices are.

norm
9 865 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: Flat shooting contender Nathan30 05/05/24
Thanks guys for keeping them coming if anyone wants to sell a 20tac barrel pm me since I have all the reloading stuff on hand !
27 4,300 more...
Hunter's Campfire
Re: VERY EFFECTIVE MOVIE OPENINGS. DaveinWV 05/05/24
41 3,381 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: 24 inches to 18 inches 375 H&H Bugger 05/05/24
Originally Posted by RinB
I am thinking about 125fps loss. But with CFE223 you can increase velocity over some of the other powders commonly used with 270’s.

Mine is 22” and I wouldn’t want it shorter than 21”.

Suppressors make a rifle pretty unwieldy something to be avoided for things that require a 375 level of power.

I believe that a 18” barrel with a 6” titanium suppressor would as handy as a 24” barreled rifle, would be much quieter and kick less.
Inch for inch the titanium suppressor vs steel barrel…
42 4,986 more...
Page 468 of 589 1 2 466 467 468 469 470 588 589
AX24

605 members (1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 160user, 204guy, 1badf350, 67 invisible), 2,927 guests, and 1,334 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,192
Posts18,503,533
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.