24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunting Rifles
Re: Shimming Ruger Hawkeye bolt EdM 05/04/24
Originally Posted by 10gaugemag
Wasn't that for the Ruger 77 series of rimfires?

Yep, and Hornet's.
6 693 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: First Focal Plane vs Second Focal Plane Rifle Scopes rcamuglia 05/04/24
Originally Posted by dave7mm
Originally Posted by FSJeeper
At distance and for precision shooting, FFP all the way.

I would not consider a FFP for target work.
dave

What a complete joke!
155 19,491 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Help “balancing” when changing primers willowcreek1996 05/04/24
I appreciate everyone’s suggestions and am starting from scratch with the new brass and primers. As I stated initially, I am a relatively novice handloader. My late father in law gave me this rifle and load. He shot a lot of bench rest and prairie dogs (and was a pretty remarkable knife maker on top of that). When he helped me set up my reloading bench, I was not in a position to tell him he was wrong. I’ve loaded what he showed me for 15 years and managed to kill a bunch of whitetail, aoudad, and even 2 once in a lifetime NM animals, an on range oryx in 2010 and a desert bighorn a few years ago.
I do know that he “ran his 7-08 hot” per his gunsmith. I haven’t seen any reason to tinker with it, but may reconsider.
Thanks for the feedback, I’m hoping to put a few together today and give them a spin.
26 2,315 more...
IC B2
Military Jump to new posts
Re: Any officers? WTM45 05/04/24
For each of you who served, I hope the memories are all good ones and your friendships have endured.
19 3,354 more...
Hunting Rifles
Re: Shimming Ruger Hawkeye bolt 10gaugemag 05/04/24
Wasn't that for the Ruger 77 series of rimfires?
6 693 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: It's Okay That Meat Has Become Unafordable hosfly 05/04/24
Originally Posted by Beretta_Shooter916
Originally Posted by JohnnyLoco
I’d say the lazy mutha fugga eating cereal is the same type that would sit around a youtube fire and eat smore pop tarts.

https://www.poptarts.com/en_US/products/all-flavors/pop-tarts-frosted-s-mores-product.html

Fuggin sad 🤣😂🤣😂

Everyone knows that strawberry is the best flavor of poptart.

And NOT toasted.
Heathen!! its Blueberry dammit!! it is widely known,,,
141 11,463 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: USPS RANTING! JCMCUBIC 05/04/24
Originally Posted by Whttail_in_MT
Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
I mailed an item USPS priority earlier this week. I have an item ordered coming USPS priority. For both of those tracking numbers, when entered on USPS tracking page, the page will never load after either is entered.
Have you tried searching the tracking number with whichever search engine you use? More often than not I get a blank page too when tracking on usps.com lately but a search engine seems to at least show something.

I haven't. Both of those now show up. I tried it directly from USPS sight and from an emailed link. If it happens again I'll give that a try. Thanks!
61 4,613 more...
Re: Deflave called it last year IIRC per the Glock Precision Trigger (worth dropping a thread) 79S 05/04/24
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by BillyGoatGruff
Yup

I bought a G45, Dropped that trigger, mounted a holosun scs and now carry it everywhere.

Peasant....mine has a Trijicon!

If you would’ve bought a holosun you could’ve bought a performance trigger.
41 3,668 more...
Tucker Carlson rcamuglia 05/04/24
Absolutely fantastic interview

1 424 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: price of Smith pistols coyote268 05/04/24
Darn, at 87 I'm not to swift on posting pictures. Bottom line is I don't know how
15 1,317 more...
IC B3
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Model 99 Forearm/Forend Issue deerstalker 05/04/24
just guessing but the forearm gained weight while off the rifle. what is your humidity and how long was the forearm off, unrestrained by the action?
8 861 more...
Re: HIMS Online Pharmacy Founder Praises Protests alwaysoutdoors 05/04/24
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Originally Posted by STRSWilson
Israel should stop when there are no Palestinians left. They are all complicit in electing and supporting a terroristic regime. There is no difference between them and German citizens in Dresden or Japanese in Tokyo, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki during the 1940s. Thankfully, during WWI and WWII we as a nation didn't wring our hands and fret that we offended our enemies. Nope, we as a country pulled out the stops and happily killed them by the tens of millions until they surrendered.

Israel thankfully will do the same regardless how many feelings they hurt here in the US. God bless their resolve.

I agree with you completely.

It's too bad so many Americans are so dumb.

You two must think you don't pay enough taxes.
Put ‘em on IGNORE, Jim!
85 5,310 more...
Re: Gringo Went Surfing in Mexico... simonkenton7 05/04/24
Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
I’d love to visit Mexico, like you did.

Can’t.

It’s gone.

Destroyed by the demand for drugs in our country.

Quite true, ironically. Gringos with lots of money buy all the dope Mexico can send across the Rio Bravo. Take away the Gringo dopers and Mexico would be a pretty nice country.
53 5,581 more...
Re: Scope rings: Badger, Leupold, Warne, Etc... Angus1895 05/04/24
I will take the two quick detach ones please
10 902 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Shimming Ruger Hawkeye bolt greydog 05/04/24
I suppose you mean tightening the bolt in the receiver bore, at the rear bridge. In my view, the best way to do this is by the use of dovetailed inserts in the bolt body. These are then turned to fit the bore of the receiver. I use this system effectively on numerous actions. GD
3 481 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: MD & Charlie Sisk-Make homemade lapping compound Mule Deer 05/04/24
Originally Posted by Craigster
How could a bore too smooth cause excess copper fouling ?

More contact between bullet and bore....
20 2,783 more...
Re: Deflave called it last year IIRC per the Glock Precision Trigger (worth dropping a thread) crittrgittr 05/04/24
Thanks for the heads up Rene, I will be looking in to this. Good to see you posting also.
41 3,668 more...
Re: It's Okay That Meat Has Become Unafordable FatCity67 05/04/24
Originally Posted by slumlord
Dang

That’s eye opening and very plausible

You could still make a giant Battalion sized casserol dish of 2 boxes of hamburger helper lasagna at the dollar general for $$4
And then a pound of ground chuck runs about $5 a lb, did yesterday evwning (from the Food Lion)

Could serve 5 humans easily with some wanting seconds

Maybe $10 for a fambly meal

Box of cereal is $5 and 1/2 gal of milk is $2.89 here in Ten-O’-Cee

Or even cheaper if dumb asses looked up a recipe and sourced the lower cost ingredients themselves.

Get the cheaper higher fat ground beef pull off the fat for skillet gravy or scrambled eggs the next morning.

People are just friggin stupid how they shop.

Most ijits don't shop price per oz/gram/pound/liter.
141 11,463 more...
Re: Gettysburg Pharmseller 05/04/24
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Welcome to Pa, Kirk.

If you travel west on US 30 or the Turnpike let me know. I’ll buy you a coffee and shake your hand.

I know you and Reon are getting together, holler if he drags you this way.

I don’t know where that is…

Bedford County
Maybe 70 miles west on 30.

Walkie Talkies, heck yeah.

I’ve contemplated the $$$ value for smart phones in WWII.
Google maps alone would have been priceless.
Even just a calculator app.

Real time communication with GPS?
Game changer, bigger than the bomb.

That device would have won the war for whoever had it.

It’s not sexy, but info wins wars. More than anything.

Gene Kranz, Chief Flight Director at NASA, spoke to my company several years ago about the space program in general, Apollo 13 in specific.

At one point he held up a cell phone and made the comment that that phone had more computing power than all the equipment at NASA during the Apollo missions, combined.

P
242 17,667 more...
Re: Every had a celleberty entercounter brush_buster 05/04/24
One of the benefits of being a college football coach. We were fortunate to meet many celebrities and attend memorable events.
260 29,317 more...
Re: HIMS Online Pharmacy Founder Praises Protests Jim_Conrad 05/04/24
Originally Posted by simonkenton7
Israel should stop when there are no Palestinians left. They are all complicit in electing and supporting a terroristic regime. There is no difference between them and German citizens in Dresden or Japanese in Tokyo, Hiroshima, and Nagasaki during the 1940s. Thankfully, during WWI and WWII we as a nation didn't wring our hands and fret that we offended our enemies. Nope, we as a country pulled out the stops and happily killed them by the tens of millions until they surrendered.

Israel thankfully will do the same regardless how many feelings they hurt here in the US. God bless their resolve.

I agree with you completely.

It's too bad so many Americans are so dumb.

You two must think you don't pay enough taxes.
85 5,310 more...
Re: HIMS Online Pharmacy Founder Praises Protests gunchamp 05/04/24

You are advocating for the death of an entire population of people. Please tell me what the difference is between you and Hitler? Killing innocent women and children is not the answer. Anyone who is advocating for this need to look at themselves real hard. Its pure EVIL
85 5,310 more...
Re: Ruger 10-22 2-tone W-Simmons scope 338rcm 05/04/24
Ttt
20 2,268 more...
Re: Every had a celleberty entercounter Jim in Idaho 05/04/24
During high school I parked cars at a couple of fancy restaurants in Ft. Lauderdale so took and handed keys back to several celebrities, including Tonto - Jay Silverheels. His boots actually had silver heels.

A former Miss Tennessee worked as our sales manager at a company in Upstate NY. She was in her mid-late 30's at that time and still gorgeous, but what impressed me was how sharp she was. Very intelligent, well spoken and great with people, not at all like the stereotype of an empty headed beauty queen.
260 29,317 more...
Re: 3- Powder Scales Dillon Ohaus 338rcm 05/04/24
Ttt
23 2,520 more...
Page 557 of 588 1 2 555 556 557 558 559 587 588
AX24

589 members (10gaugeman, 160user, 1beaver_shooter, 1936M71, 204guy, 1badf350, 65 invisible), 3,032 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,196
Posts18,503,582
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.