Originally Posted by Sitka deer

And your argument speaks to a "reasonable Man" standard... how is 135,000 dollars a reasonable standard for making up for a cake they refused to bake in plenty of time for them to choose another bakery?

I have absolutely no beef with lesbians being treated reasonably, but I have seen far, far worse offenders in court being punished with far, far less. Even in situations where lives were put in serious jeopardy the consequences were a fraction of 135,000 dollars.

A friend had an employee steal 50k and the court-mandated restitution was less than 5k!

The judge needs to realize this was a publicity stunt from the get-go and that the bakery was being set up.

Unless of course the judge was a peter puffer in which case they should have abstained from taking the case.

And I could not possibly care less about anyone's sexual peccadilloes as long as they are not waved in my face.

It isn't reasonable to bankrupt a baker over refusing service. It does make an example of them, and some in power are apt to do that.

"Power is not a means, it is an end..."
-George Orwell

If 2nd amendment rights can be subject to licensing and fees, how was the poll tax unconstitutional?