Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by Scott F
There is no way I will believe the gay couple did not purposely seek out this baker and go for the bucks. It was a setup from the start.

The bakery had baked a cake for one of the mother of one of the brides a few years earlier. It was a word of mouth recommendation.

Page 5.... http://media.oregonlive.com/business_impact/other/BOLI-sweetcakes.pdf

Well that changed my mind about the intent. After looking at the judgement I have several thoughts. First, under Oregon law the baker is clearly guilty but I did not doubt that in the beginning. Second, There was more involved than baking and delivering the cake. The baker set up and participated in the wedding thereby becoming part of a ceremony that his faith clearly states is against God's will. Thirdly, the State is demanding that someone in business must put aside their faith or face consequences. Where the did the freedom go to peacefully practice your freedom of religion. Lastly, I am dead set against discrimination and I can see where the brides were discriminated against. I do not think the punishment fit the crime in that the fines seem to be to be way more than the offence.

With the new SC ruling it is something most religions will have to start dealing with. State will now be saying what church can or cannot be forced to accept.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!