Originally Posted by Ringman
GeoW,

So we re-translate the Word to fit our pleasure?

You can't be serious! The guys who translated the Bible in 1611 used the best manuscripts available and the best language of the day. Today, if we want the best information for the readers, we use the best manuscripts available and the best language of our day to communicate to the readers. The Bible is not re-translated over and over. Each group gets the best manuscripts they can to keep their version as close to the original language as possible.

The idea of using a 1611 Book and using 1611 dictionaries and commentaries for us to use a Book meant for the masses is ridiculous.

I was thirty years old when I became a Christian. I did the above and worked hard at studies. Then I discovered the New American Standard Bible and later the New King James Bible. I was delighted at the ease with which I could study God's Word.

Oh but I am serious. What you said was if one has problems with the KJV just shop around and find a version that suits you. There are versions for everyone, I guess.

How many meanings can you find for this? Do your versions make it easier for you to understand?

Deuteronomy 5:7(KJV)
7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

You kinda shoot from the hip with your Christianity, don't you?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member