SuperCub;
Top of the morning to you sir, it's been too long since I've said hello and I trust this finds you and yours well.

I'm afraid that it's common knowledge here and most certainly among those who've met me in the flesh that I fall into the short, bald and less than beauteous category myself - but then again as I tell my buddies at work - without short folks like me they'd be "average" instead of tall. wink

Anyway I've only shot coyotes with the 55gr VMax - shot out of an old school .22-250AI with a 1:14 twist like we used to do back in the dark/stone ages. From that rifle they're doing something close to 3850fps at the muzzle if memory serves.

On side on shots they would mostly exit and never when the coyote was facing me. The exit holes really needed to be seen to be appreciated though if you know what I'm saying.....

So based upon that, way back when our girls were starting hunting I used to take it along as an "insurance rifle" and when I did it was loaded with 55gr Hornady Spires which folks here at our cyber 'Fire said was an acceptable deer projectile - but to be clear I never needed to launch one into a deer so can't say personally what they do when they land on fur/flesh.

Hopefully that was useful information for someone out there in the ether space today SuperCub. All the best to you and yours for the remainder of the summer.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 08/08/15. Reason: better sentence?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"