Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
So Stick, who do you think makes the best AR barrels? My Daniel Mk12 seems stuck on 1.25-1.50 MOA, regardless of loads, scopes, etc. Thinking of a 18" SPR or Mk12 style.

Pard has a 16" DD LW Middie,that is ABSOFHUQKINGLUTELY sinister. It's off the gawwddamned charts stupid Precise and could give a schit less about temps,as well as being very ammo friendly. I fhuqked up not getting one,to see if it were a "fluke" or not and went BHW instead on a LW 18" Middie. My mistake.

Waltzed through the door and made a pass looking for my BHW MK12 spout and couldn't see it,but I think Big Momma gets a kick outta hiding my schit.(grin) Did find a Midway order though,with a coupla more magazines for the BABLR and just prior to being wheels up on the last pass,I tossed a 20MOA rail on it,to eek some more goody outta the MK4 M3 aboard it. EGW's nomenclature bit me hard,as I was fairly certain that a 22-250 BLR donor receiver was a short action(rebarreled to 7-08). Had to go Plan B and bucked the guts outta it,so as to start logging. No thang.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Always have wondered if a 162 A-Max would kill a Critter or not and she should now easily reach the 1200yd line on the erector. Can see it become Legendary.

It's easy to get "cute" with AR spouts and I've assuredly done did it many times over,but when the dust settles,it's tough to whoop a C/L spout that's gas system is Middie or better. They fend atmospheric abuses,happily take a lick and more often than not,will plum dazzle.

C/L spouts fhuqking LOVE moly and I've seen 'em do some amazing thangs. have taken a pile of 'em, JB'd 'em sterile and been left trying to figure out how in THE fhuqk they perform so incredibly well. Back in the day,it was a sure fire way to turn dubious pards onto moly.

I think I'll dabble a Criterion C/L 1-8" Rifle Gas Hybrid contour next,just to see WTF. Brownells has 'em in stock...................

(Addendum:)

Just called BHW and they sent the parcel out the 10th...so it's GOTTA be here.

Somewhere?!?......................(grin)

(RE-Addendum:)

Finally found the BHW MK12 spout,setting on a coffee table in the living room.

Fhuqkers is assuredly finished in splendid fashion.

[Linked Image]

It's on.................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."