Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
Originally Posted by TWR
Tex how does the DD do for 5 shot groups? Not many are basing their accuracy on 20 shots.

Prior to last hunting season, the 65 Sierra shot the best in limited testing, but that was only about 1½" and I was only shooting 5 shot groups. The 77gr TMK has done a little better.

I considered recrowning it. While fiddling with a PTG piloted crown reamer, I found that the bore easily accepted a .219 pilot (which is the largest pilot in the kit). I don't have an easy way to slug the bore, to check groove dia, but it does make me wonder if the bore is a little oversized.

Midway happened to briefly have some Noveske 18" "medium contour" barrels, so I grabbed one of them - maybe the last one, they show no stock, now. There's a parts gun here which is presently a 6.8; I'll install the Noveske barrel and a matching BCG, and see what it will do.

The DD Mk12 runs flawlessly, and would be very durable with the nitrided barrel, but I haven't yet figured out how to get it below 1 MOA.

It's a DD.

You may never get it under 1 MOA.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell