Originally Posted by rost495
Its funny, but I've lived rural, 15 minutes out of a town of 4500 ish... most of my life. I would NOT live in town if I had to, well there are some instances but generally no.

I would not live in a large city on a bet.

Yet I'd rather live in Los Anchorage and at least be close(r) to nirvana... than not at all. And rather there in a heartbeat than where I live now for some reason. But I'd be scheming to get out asap once there...

I tend to prefer having only a few good friends and no one close enough to my house to be able to see, preferably even hear... LOL

I never lived on a paved road until I was 18. I grew up outside of a village of 600 people. We raised our own cattle, pigs, sheep and chickens as well as growing a large garden. That's a huge part of why I need out of the city in general. I do appreciate the variety that the city offers but I would like to have a bonfire or take a piss in the back lawn without getting arrested. I don't think throwing clay pigeons and firing no. 8 shot over the neighbors' houses would work out well for me either.

If it was easy, everybody would do it.