Ray Quote, {"The .375 H&H is more popular in the coastal areas, by Anchorage and Kodiak for example, but not so much toward the interior with moose and caribou hunters. In fact, the .30-06, .300WM, and .338WM outnumber all other hunting cartridges in Alaska." [/quote]

True this, as far as power/weight ratio 30-06 with a heavy bullet will do it for you. But the 375 H&H is such a fine rifle. Mine is a Sako but it's blue, so I used it maybe 1/3 of the time. My 338 WM is a stainless Ruger and I used it the other 2/3 due to being stainless. I read an article by Phil Shoemaker years ago where he talked about converting a Ruger stainless 338WM to 375 H&H by removing the bolt stop, maybe setting it back I think that would be just about perfect, after you rebore the barrel. I would still love to do that. My Sako was popular with me because they aren't real heavy like the Stainless Winchester mod 70 classic. I've had several of them but they are heavier than I want to carry. Even cut them down to 20" but the didn't ballance well that way. Pick one or two and use them. If it's stainless you will probably use it more. If you want to be a one rifle guy 338 or 375 for the majority. Goat, sheep, Caribou 30-06 works just fine and a proper weight. Again a Ruger Stainless Mk II. Maybe Phil will jump in here.

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain