I recommend researching what kind of terrain and you'll be hunting in to estimate likely shooting distance. The 30-06, as long as you trust it's accuracy and shoot it accurately, will do a great job on traditional sheep, goat, and caribou from long range. And it'll work well enough if you come across a legal moose or need to deal with a bear on those hunts.

Moose is a whole 'nother subject. Some places a short range shot is reliable, other places you can't get close. Sometimes they answer calls and will come within 50 yards or the terrain doesn't allow even long range view. Other times the terrain and vegetation, and if they're not answering calls makes a long distance shot "necessary" to filling the freezer. For example, moose love playing peek-a-bou between 10 foot high thick alders and marshy grassy openings, all on a consistent slope and the closest little hill high enough to see them may be 400 yards away.

The perfect moose gun for one area may be a 45-70 while a sleek bullet at magnum velocity is needed for another. It's hard to say where on that spectrum is right for you until you find a couple good moose hunting spots you'll always want to return to.

Personally, I chose a 375 ruger because of it's great handiness and effect at short range, it's still-impressive long range ability, and it came in an ideal platform for me for $650. As much as I "want" a 30-06, 300, 338, 416, or 458, I can't see me on reaching for anything but that 375 on my way out.