I've found the 338WM to be a pussy cat if stocked right. My 375 weighs 10 lbs loaded and ready to go and will let you know it's there. The 338 and my 340 neither one kick as bad. The 375 is a Pre-64 model 70, and even had a straighter stock put on it. I guess a lot of it depends on the stock though the one on the 375 supposed to be the best design. The 340 is a Wby MkV, and the 338 I shot was an out of the box model 70 , modern pre-64 style.

OKAY, just went to page 1 and read the initial question. Personally, IF I were to go to something bigger than the 06, would go to the 338. But, many moose killed with the 06 every year. A guide up there recently told me he considered the 375 completely over the top for Moose. I don't know on that, so won't say, but he guides people all the time and said the 06 as good as it gets, especially with good bullets (that part mine). My dad killed his moose with two shots from the 06. Second one not necessary. He'd hit it in the chest from the side, as it was walking out of a pond, and it turned and came back into the pond, and he thought it might "be coming" so hit it again. Was using 180gr Nosler Partitions. I killed an Eland, which is as big as the normal moose, with one shot, using the 06, and a 165gr Partition. Today, that bullet or the TTSX is about as good as it gets. So no real need for a 2nd rifle or round. You WILL see the moose when you're out with the 06 hunting Caribou anyway, lol.

Last edited by ghost; 10/07/15.

Ghost