Originally Posted by gnoahhh
I'm betting the 4759 might prove itself in that case/bullet combo.

As an aside, that Brooks bullet Dan shows is a heckuva good design. He sent me 100 of them a while back and so far I have shot away half of them in my put-together M1903A1 Springfield with a long gentle throat that matches the bullet very well. (New Criterion barrel + vintage C-stock and late nickel steel receiver, National Match rear sight.) Mild charges of 2400 and 4759 (15 grains) turned in groups off the bench that hover in the MOA neighborhood. I'm saving the rest for when I finish mounting an old Fecker target scope on it as a Marine sniper clone. If they continue their pleasant shooting trend I'll be camping on Dan's doorstep for more, or better yet applying to have a mold of my own cut.

Glad they are working out for you...me too apparently? It will be probably after New Years before I make any more of them, but I don't have a problem shipping some more when I get there. Let me know.

Thinking that 4759 may be the wild card that fills the straight flush with this project, will get into that soon enough.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain