Originally Posted by DigitalDan
So yesterday I spent a fair bit of time assembling loads for the next venture to the range. Went well, yadda, yadda...

Buddy calls up and asked if I wanted to drop by today and not make noise at his range amid the oaks and palmettos. Sure, why not.

I was not inclined to take the ammo just loaded, but did want to take a first run with the can just to get an idea what it sounded like. I kluged up 5 loads of 3 just for giggles with an old can of Dupont powder gifted by a friend several years ago. It had never been opened.

Long story short, Sneezer is the right name for the rig. Problem I have is that from all appearances it is going to be a very boring gun insofar as further load work.

First round, first group was a bit of a flyer opening the group to just a bit over 1-1/4". I let my buddy shoot the next group and he can't for the life of him shoot a group that doesn't have one flyer. Bug holes with an accent? I dunno.

What surprised me more than anything was the velocity jump I got with this powder, even with the small charges. Picked up 100-150 fps over the previous loads. The powder was one I'd never used or even seen in the past. Huge round flakes a bit smaller than a hockey puck...kind of amusing to me actually.

But I'll tell you this....800X rocks! It burns clean, makes for good numbers with light charges and all that other gak.

I hope this makes the Poobah jealous. laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

PS: I relaxed a little on the last group. Biggest spread of the five loads was the first...they kept getting smaller and smaller and...I'm not that good, but something is clicking here.

Looking good, BD! 👍🏻👏🏻

Any chance you got yourself a smartass phone you could shoot a quick vid with to get us an idea of the decibel denigration?

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...