So yesterday I spent a fair bit of time assembling loads for the next venture to the range. Went well, yadda, yadda...

Buddy calls up and asked if I wanted to drop by today and not make noise at his range amid the oaks and palmettos. Sure, why not.

I was not inclined to take the ammo just loaded, but did want to take a first run with the can just to get an idea what it sounded like. I kluged up 5 loads of 3 just for giggles with an old can of Dupont powder gifted by a friend several years ago. It had never been opened.

Long story short, Sneezer is the right name for the rig. Problem I have is that from all appearances it is going to be a very boring gun insofar as further load work.

First round, first group was a bit of a flyer opening the group to just a bit over 1-1/4". I let my buddy shoot the next group and he can't for the life of him shoot a group that doesn't have one flyer. Bug holes with an accent? I dunno.

What surprised me more than anything was the velocity jump I got with this powder, even with the small charges. Picked up 100-150 fps over the previous loads. The powder was one I'd never used or even seen in the past. Huge round flakes a bit smaller than a hockey puck...kind of amusing to me actually.

But I'll tell you this....800X rocks! It burns clean, makes for good numbers with light charges and all that other gak.

I hope this makes the Poobah jealous. laugh

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

PS: I relaxed a little on the last group. Biggest spread of the five loads was the first...they kept getting smaller and smaller and...I'm not that good, but something is clicking here.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain