Well, day 2 at the line and I come back to an epiphany. Moved some pics in the PB account and broke the links to images preceding this post and it is too late to edit. Sorry...

Again at the 50 yard line, this time with a chrono and a sweet 1/2 value wind from 4-5 o'clock at about 10-15. Phffft.

Anyway, the pics contain the powder, charge and statistical data. Some of it surprised insofar at the ES numbers, perhaps more so that they still managed to group after a fashion. Tried a couple more charges with WW540 and 2400, then some new with SR4759 and IMR4227. Live and learn?

I call this game CLUE.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Perhaps the funniest thing was the second group of 5 w/4227. The ES was 130 with the last shot dropping near 3" below the rest of what was actually a fair group...until then.

I expected the slower powders to be a little goofy, wasn't disappointed at all. Good news is there's still room in the case, the charges will be bumped in next iteration. Extraction was easy, the bore nasty after the WW540 and 2400. Impeccably clean after the first round with 4759. I mean spotless, save for a couple or three unburned kernels.

Other thing that was a bit tantalizing was that most of the groups were fairly tight save for a single outlying hit. Oddity of that was that the stray dog in the pack was mostly not the one round that skewed the ES numbers.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain