I have shot bows, young and dumb, over 90 pounds.

Probably why I have issues with my shoulders today...

Used to run around 70 quite often for many years, 25-40 or so. Then dropped it a bit to about 60-65.

I can't recall what limbs I had made for my recurve, IIRC close to 60 if not that.

If I use compound now, i have no clue what it is but figure 60-62 or so.

With all that, wife shot 45-55 ish for many years when she still hunted. And we had to look for her arrows often... but due to the broadhead choice and arrow weight. Head even exited a boar hog over 350 pounds after it cut the heart....

To me, a bit of speed, good head design, sharp, and enough weight to penetrate, tuned up the right way, 40 pounds or more will kill a LOT of stuff that walks...

But then in the end I just do not believe in shooting past 15 steps maybe a couple more max. And its everything beyond that thats become an issue in my life and my wifes life. Everytime we follow our rule, it was 100% good.

Makes us pass a lot of shots, but I"m good with that too. No biggie.

I won't even shoot past 15 with a crossbow....

And it has NOTHING to do with how accurately we can or can't shoot for sure.....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....