I draw rather slow and steady, push pull, not much movement (bow is pointed at the target- doesn't move much vertically in the draw).

Practice (or lack of it) and poundage doesn't matter.

Shot 80+ for a long while, bowed my spine so it looked like I was left handed and suffered overuse syndrome.

Nope right handed.

Not a prob until a vert slipped, and would off and on for years.
Even when normal, it'd often click when I walked.

Over time my shoulder burned, pain down left arm. Then the right shoulder. Recurves shelved and back to compound.......minimal relief. Indoors and 3D were done.

Only a few dozen shots to check sights for deer season.

And then one day I was goofing off around the house (not archery related). Had only shot for hunting season- over the last 5 yrs (so spine straightened up)...........and a big white flash of pain.

Staggered into the bedroom and laid down........and my shoulder didn't hurt (ruined sleep for yrs before).

My bent spine had a rib get broken when bent, healed funky and over time pinched a nerve. Spine straight, rebroke rib (sternum and back pain) and.........unpinched the nerve.

Babied it for a month, bought a 50# Bear Grizzly and shot 50 freakin' arrows in one sitting, pain free.

Gotta be friggin' kidding me.

I have since backed off some #, shoot way less, and things have been fine. 2 yrs ago I did break a finger on one hand, and rip pulley tendons on a finger on the other, and still shot a 60# Blackwidow.

But every year means other aches come along, and stuff doesnt work like it used to, injuries take longer.

So I'm proly gonna have my next Widow made at 52#. If things get even better add a set of heavier limbs.

My 48# old B50 strung rig is a joy to shoot. Got it for informal 3D and deer.

I can shoot heavier...........but don't think I need to.
Happy to run it again this year. It papertunes perfectly.