msu hunter;
I'll bet that 62lbs shoots like a dream and makes you wonder why you were drawing so much wight in the past!

I too shot a 70ish lb draw for much of my life. Dropping down to a 62 lb bow was almost like shooting a toy! I really enjoy the lighter draw weight and I can practice with it endlessly.

I also have a 74 lb max draw weight Elite energy. I shoot it at 65lbs. It's a far more pleasant experience then shooting over 70lbs. From this thread I think is becomes clearer that 70lbs is about the maximum level of draw for most folks. Many shoot higher draw weight for some period of their younger lives. However most that continue to shoot over 60 and 70 years old. do not shoot at 70 plus lbs!

I think the companies would do well to make bows that are 65b draw rather then 70. At 65 you could drop below 60 with a couple full turns on the limbs. Yet still lock them down and have 65plus. It seems to me that 65-70lbs is the realistic limit for the great majority of shooters, not the 70 plus so many people think they must have.

Im my experience with a pretty good cross section of hunters shooting game with me from under 100lbs to over 2000 lbs, The vast majority of fantastic shooters have been well under 70lbs. Those over 70 have struggled and made the majority of questionable shots. We simply don't need over 70 lbs to make lethal effective shots under 30 yards. When folks start wanting to shoot 50-75 yards or more...... the complications go through the roof and drive higher and higher draw weights.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)