Originally Posted by gunner500
Originally Posted by JGray
191 fps is great performance from a longbow - what do those arrows weigh? That 31" draw length of yours is definitely giving you some extra fps. The 'home made' longbow I've shot the most in recent years is 56# at my 28" draw and shoots 500 grain arrows at 192 fps.

10-4 JGray, I'll go out to the shop and weigh one of those longbow arrows, my cedar shaft arrows came in too, they're mounted up with the 175 gr ACE Express broadheads, holy DAMN! what an axe! I'll weigh and chrono one of those as well.

Well Crap JGray, it finally stopped raining, that's the good news, bad news is it seems my little rcbs powder measure scale got hit by lightning, I tried to weigh the store bought longbow arrows on my old rcbs 505 scale, I can tell you they're much heavier than 511 grains with the 160 gr STOS head.

My new cedar shafts are much heavier, I remember the sample arrows the builder sent to see which weight and spine flew the best from my bow, it is 697 grains and 90 spine, I guess that's what the bare shaft weighs, I chronoed one just a second ago with the 175 gr ACE Express heads, it flew 158 fps, if 697gr plus 175gr is the weight, I guess that'd be a pretty good penetrator at 158 fps?

I'll await your expertise on the matter.

Trump Won!