Went up NW of Stanley with a buddy this weekend for some fly fishing. Restricted waters (tributaries of the Middle Fork of the Salmon) but we were hoping for some Brooks and Cuts (you could only keep Brook and Whitefish).

True to my luck what we were pursuing didn't show. Saw a single, that's ONE, fish in the water. No jumps, rising, etc. maybe too early for them to be that far up yet?

Also true to form, other wildlife that was out of season was abundant! Figures.... crazy lots of muleys (one buck was already sporting a decent 4x4) one yearling whitetail who was looking for mom, I think. Pronghorns, elk (two Bulls and several cows), coyotes, tons of sandhill cranes and more ground squirrels than you could shoot. The flowers were out in force...beautiful and everything was very green.

Oh, and the wolves woke me up at 4:00 am Saturday! Probably about a mile or less away. Never actually saw any.

Despite no fish the weather was nice and it was fun to get out for awhile and away from work...always a good thing!

Some Desert Paintbrush

[Linked Image]

This hillside was covered in paintbrush, penstemon and some yellow flowers.

[Linked Image]

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...