Originally Posted by northwestalaska
Life in Alaska comes with risks. Stop being so judgmental until you have been in the same situation. If these guys have been doing these type of trips for almost 20 years I will bet they made solid decisions for their group.

I feel for the loss of the paddlers. The SOAR 16 foot Canoe is very stable and handles whitewater well. I own 2 of these and have been in these situations a few times and its easy to second guess from the comfort of your home!

Horseshit! If you read the article and want to defend the guides you have your head farther up your azz than I ever dreamed even you were capable of.

Stringing out 4 boats so far in whitewater that you cannot see them go down suggests either the water was way too big for rookies to run or the group was spread out way too much. And standing on shore with a toss line that could at best save one person and being too anchored to give chase?????

You are a frigging moron as a rafter if you find that proper. They used gear suitable for reasonably skilled rafters, not rookies! For crying out loud, what would you do if a swimmer passed you and you could not catch her for miles????

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.