Originally Posted by kaboku68
Originally Posted by northwestalaska
I guessing you haven't seen Alaska ( other than from your computer) in a long while

Your reading comprehension skills are a bit weak!

I think Art a bit long in the tooth. He has seen better days if that helps. I will bet back in the 60's and 70's Art tore it up. I should show more respect to our elders so I apologies Art.

Please take your meds sir...We cannot afford to loose someone with all your experience.

I hope you taught math. You need to not get so worked up because your grammar is bleeding. Many of us on this forum have spent a lot of time on the water. I learned to work oars as a guide under Jerry Jacques for Denali Raft Adventures and spent many, many hours guiding clients who were older and inexperienced. I would never let a paddle crew out of my sight. I quickly became the office manager (They didn't trust anybody else with the money) and would work between the owners. I advised one of the owners(Jim) not to hire a manish female with a flattop. She just wasn't up to the experience or skill level taking a load of tourists through the lower canyon of the Nenana River(class IV). I ended up having to make the calls to the family of a 58 year old woman who drowned when she got bounced out of raft on boxcar when the guide took the wrong line. Its not nice. I also had to fire the guide for a series of safety problems in her guiding that followed the accident. I have had some bad experiences with rivers and know that things can get messed up quickly. It is simply inexcusable for most of us to test fate in that fashion especially with other peoples lives.

So, is it safe to say, based on your experience you would not put two inexperienced female sexagenarians (specifically 67 and 69 years old) together in an inflatable canoe in Class III water knowing the river was running high?

Mark Begich, Joaquin Jackson, and Heller resistance... Three huge reasons to worry about the NRA.