Originally Posted by Elkhunter49
I've kept in touch with couple guys from my old neighborhood that I went to school with 1st-12th grades. Both were very bright guys and were active in many things in school. I watched them both go from I'm guessing weekend pot smokers to daily smokers in a years time. Both managed to finish HS but neither had enough motivation to get and keep a decent job.
One of them is still there and has spent his adult life drawing welfare checks and having kids he has no intention of ever paying or and the other guy moved about 90 miles to another town and was doing the same thing until he went to prison for his 8th or 9th burglary conviction.

Weed is a great motivator

So is alcohol.The question is do you have personal responsibility to have one drink in the evening, or do you drink all day every day? You could have easily substituted drinking into your scenario.Why not outlaw alcohol? It has destroyed many more people than pot has. Making pot illegal works no better than making alcohol illegal. Alcohol is simply more sociably acceptable because more people have personal experience with it.