Originally Posted by joken2
Curious if anyone personally knows or knows of someone who was legally allowed to use marijuana for medical reasons, but their health condition improved enough that they no longer truly needed it, voluntarily quit completely and surrendered their permit or whatever is required that allows them to legally purchase, possess, ingest?

Yeah.

My ex has Multiple Sclerosis, and is in Assisted Living. We were able to keep her at home for about 10 years longer than we could have/needed to, in part because she was using marijuana daily for muscle spasm/pain control. She no longer uses it, I'm told. (She and I are no longer in close comms.)

This was illegal use, btw. A friend of a friend would make pot butter and then bake cookies for her. She ate 3-4 cookies a day. And they were STRONG. I ate about 1/4 of one once and I had both eyes in one socket for about 6 hours and I ate the entire kitchen.

She no longer uses it, but she uses a lot more Rx pain meds now. Soooo... which is better for her, pot or opiates? I can't say for sure, but I think she was more active when she used marijuana. But the MS has progressed, so who knows for sure.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars