Originally Posted by bigwhoop
Its interesingt to see the straw man argument employed over this. If less government is your goal, then throw out the federal statutes for Sch. I,II and III drugs. Let the "free man" get intoxicated in matter way they choose. Coke, meth, crack, "shrooms, bath salts, spray cans, gasoline, etc..
Why is my liquor any less virtuous than your bong? Hell, let it all ripe - no rules.
Then after society grows tired of the carnage, slowly put the genie back into the bottle.

I'm all for letting people ingest what they want, especially if they're making an informed decision. Or not.

Hey, maybe I shouldn't eat these magic mushrooms cause they're going to make me see stuff and maybe freak out. Or... Hey, I'm going to eat these magic mushrooms BECAUSE I want to see [bleep] and freak out.

For real real yo, I drink like a sailor when I want. But I don't get behind the wheel after three drinks (and I'll wait an hour after the last one to drive). Why? Cause I don't want some other dumb sumbitch to t-bone me when I'm over a .08 - NOT because I am afraid of getting pulled over for swerving down the road at 20 over the limit and having my life ruined. BUT because I am afraid of someone else causing me to interact with police like if someone t-boned me and an officer smelled alcohol yet the accident was no fault of my own. Then the .gov would ruin my life because of someone else's mistake.

One thing I am sure of: I can handle my drugs, caffeine, alcohol, tobacco and whatever else I decide to ingest. I don't need the government's permission to get [bleep] up on whatever substance I want.

I know, let's schedule firearms. They're now schedule I and you can't have more than three rounds loaded at a time. Because you MIGHT hurt someone else.

Freedom it a lot for some people to handle. Definitely too many here are begging for the government to hold their hands while they clutch their pearls because someone chose a joint over a fifth.

You can't be for small government and want them to control everything you ingest. Otherwise tomorrow they might regulate sugar because it makes people fat. People need to be FREE to make their own decisions. Yes, FREEDOM comes with RESPONSIBILITY. With RESPONSIBILITY comes CONSEQUENCES FOR YOUR ACTIONS. But those CONSEQUENCES should not come from the government in almost every case (exceptions for things like murder).

Should the .gov make high fructose corn syrup illegal because it is making America fat? NO! Should heroin be illegal because it is addictive and can ruin your life? NO!

When I'm 75 I'm doing heroin. Might try some hallucinogens too. I've smoked pot. Shidt's great! I still had a roof over my head smoking pot. Heroin is so awesome people are like "Fugg it, I don't need a house!" And if I want to shoot up right now who gives a [bleep].

Continue the pearl clutching.

Originally Posted by Bristoe
It's about like this:

"Do you puff peters?"

"Hell no!"

"NAZI!!!"