I was contemplating this topic this morning while driving, and the fact that many thought Keith was full of crap.

Without seeing the pics, and corroborations in this thread, I doubt your average person, in fact I doubt most people would believe a single word if a person said the following:

" I watched a friend make numerous hits on a target at 780 yards with an iron sighted handgun."

I once shot a target with my Glock at 780 yards."

Sounds pretty far fetched, right?

These days phones and pocket digital cameras abound and pictures are easy to share. Not so in Mr. Keith's day.

It is kind of like this:

I was coyote hunting one time with a buddy, and came back to the truck after an unsuccessful set. While standing there I saw a Jackrabbit out in the brush a ways. I told my buddy "I am going to shoot that Jack in the head".

I pulled out my .45 Glock (with target sights), held between his ears and popped him. We walked out, found him and used my LRF to laser back to the truck. 63 yards, and a head shot. I knew this was a lucky shot, so I took a pic.

[Linked Image]

I also made a point of not shooting at anything with a handgun the rest of the day, so as not to jinx myself.

The fact is that most would not believe me if I did not have a witness and a picture. It does not mean that it is not true though.

The shooting that Keith, McGivern and his kind did was extraordinary during their time period, and still is today, though more and more are giving it a go.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com