I've owned two. One was a 300 WSM in mountain ascent. Receiver was machined so badly the back of the lugs were gouged from just chambering a round. Sent it to Kimber, they sent it back saying it was functioning fine. Took it to a smith here local. They tagged it unsafe and called kimber on my behalf. I paid an hour labor to have the barrel taken off so the smith could provide photos to Kimber showing the inside of the receiver surfaces were mis-machined. Kimber reviewed and had me send the gun in. They sent me another gun conceding the quality defect. The second gun had the follower spring floating in the bottom of the mag well. I fixed it and this gun is a shooter. Just took 6 months and some patience and some money.

So I guess I'm one of the few unlucky ones. But in the end, after some work, I do love the gun. I won't part with this gun but I also won't be likely to buy another. Customer service and Quality departments need an overhaul IMO.

I should add, Kimber never bothered to pay for the smith's time and never picked up the new firearm transfer fee. Kinda tells you where they stand.

Last edited by tm7554; 02/14/17.