Originally Posted by MCMXI
If you were to tell me that my life depended upon the function and accuracy of either a Kimber Hunter or a Ruger American. I'd go with the American 100% of the time. This from someone who has been a vocal critic of Ruger's QC of late. Most learned shooters would too.

It's clear to me that you're not data driven. You make a lot of noise to push your agenda but provide no data, just opinion. Take a few minutes to Google "Ruger American problems" and you'll find endless issues. I have a lot of Ruger products, mostly revolvers, so have a lot of confidence in the company and if I wanted a cheap rifle would consider an American. Unlike you I own multiple Kimber rifles and a couple of pistols. I've only had to deal with Kimber CS on one occasion and have no complaints. Rather than defer to the opinion of someone who doesn't actually have any personal experience with Kimber I'll rely upon my actual real-world experience.

As for the Savage, I was living in Hawaii at the time and that was the going rate for a relatively new and relatively hard to find Weather Warrior ordered and shipped from a US mainland online retailer. Of course you know better and even have an opinion on my purchase ... another experience you can pretend is your own.

Says the poster who's batting .1000 schilling for Kimber since his (I apologize if I got the "his" wrong) entry into the forum. Ruger probably made more guns last year than Kimber has in all of its existence. If you search the internet you will most assuredly uncover issues with just about everything they make. Ruger needs to step up QC (I have made that my agenda.) Despite having sold tens of millions of guns, it's exceedingly hard to find Ruger customer service complaints. Not so with Kimber.

It's called Kimber Roullette, not only for quality and accuracy but also for their customer service. And for good reason.

Rather than go down the path of too many other Kimber owners, I'll avoid them completely and happily steer as many prospective buyers toward threads like this where real owners have real quality and customer service issues.