Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
Yeah Im fixen to take another spin at the wheel, I have been lucky on my last 3 tries and I got a hankering for a Hunter camo chambered in .243 Win as a predator hunting rig....😁....Its worth the chance for Me as no other rifle compares with the features I like being a lightweight CRF rifle with a great trigger and drilled tapped reciever, (shot at Sako 85..lol) and sized for cartridge actions with actual machined recoil lug.....Hb

I looked at a Hunter model in the store a couple days ago. Looked like a nice rifle that could use a little polishing and fine tuning. Didn't seem to be all that light though. I think if I bought one and it functioned flawlessly, as it should, I can work around getting it to shoot well enough and the bolt would be butter smooth when I was done too. Been thinking about taking the plunge myself. Wondering if I'll be pleasantly surprised or horribly disgusted? I like the features and baby sized model 70 action though..

Kimber lists the weight of the Hunter model chambered in .243 Win as 5lbs 10oz's, thats pretty light in My book...I really dont think you will be taking much of a chance in buying one new in box, Kimber QC seems to have gotten much better lately.....Good luck....Hb

Sounds like a good report. I may seriously look into one of these rifles that seem to be priced right. Sub $800.00...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA