Originally Posted by MCMXI
Im not saying no other rifles have problems now and then but the kimbers are very high on complaint list.

How many rifles does Kimber make and sell a year, and of those, what percentage are returned because of an issue, and of those returned how many actually have an issue? Unless you know the numbers you're just voicing an opinion rather than stating fact as are most of the posts in this thread. I have five Kimber rifles that all shoot incredibly well and have zero issues.

have never heard of a win 70, savage 110, rem 700, sako, ruger, browning , etc not ejecting or having any problems.

Seriously ... those companies you mentioned have perfect products? I sold two Winchester Extreme Weather rifles last year because the machining was atrocious along with poor to average accuracy in addition to being heavy. Back in 2011 I bought a Savage Weather Warrior that had the front and rear bridges ground in such a way that it was impossible to mount a scope i.e. the bridges weren't in the same plane. Savage wouldn't pay for return shipping despite my paying $850 for a brand new rifle and despite my sending them detailed photographs. In addition, they had the dumbest 7mm-08 Rem twist rate on the planet so I bought a McGowen barrel for it and ended up paying a machine shop to fix the receiver. I'll eventually sell that POS at a significant loss when it's back together because it has the heaviest bolt lift of any rifle I've owned and it's a clunky piece of garbage. A neighbor had the same issue on his Weather Warrior chambered in .30-06 Sprg but because the action was longer he could actually mount a scope without damaging it. Despite my experiences with Winchester and Savage I've yet to make a post on a forum stating that all Winchester or all Savage rifles are garbage or that Savage CS is garbage. Does this one example of a defective extractor mean that all Kimber rifles or Kimber CS is garbage ... only if you can't figure out the cash register at McDonald's.

How many rifles does Kimber sell per year? When they first launched the Hunter in 257 Roberts, I thought I'd found my next gun. Then I started reading and researching. For being a comparatively small manufacturer building a comparatively high priced gun there were comparatively too many legitimate complaints about poor quality and poor customer service for me to be comfortable buying one.

If you were to tell me that my life depended upon the function and accuracy of either a Kimber Hunter or a Ruger American. I'd go with the American 100% of the time. This from someone who has been a vocal critic of Ruger's QC of late. Most learned shooters would too.

Oh, and I'd keep it quiet about paying $850 for a Savage Weather Warrior. You don't want folks getting the wrong impression about you.

Last edited by PaulBarnard; 02/23/17.