Originally Posted by pahick
I posted the other day about deer bologna and that my butcher called and said it was ready to pick up. I told them then that im extremely busy and id pick it up on the 21st. The lady wasnt happy, but she said ok. I got vehicles to get out by end of year and get off work after theyre closed. They called me 3 phuggin times now asking me to come pick it up because they dont have room for 34 sticks of bologna and it isnt fair to their other customers. F'er just called again and now it wasnt about no room, its can you pay over the phone? I said I dont pay for any food until I see it. Then it was can you have anyone else pick it up? I said its not anyone elses responsibility but mine and I said ill pick the phuggin thing up the 21st! He hung up on me.

Am I being a dick for not taking a day off work to pick the damn thing up? Or are they being unreasonable?

You're being a dick, but I think you already know that or you wouldn't have posted. Remember, you asked.
Go pick it up or have them sell it to someone else. Next time, maybe process it yourself.

Don't just be a survivor, be a competitor.