Originally Posted by Dogpopper
I have used an Ingram on roughly 3-400 animals primarily elk. Before that I used a bench made fixed blade with D2 with great success. Really depends on what you want. Utility or something that you’ll appreciate more. Anything will work. I’ve gutted and skinned a cow with a 2.5” folding buck knife.

Holy Smokes Dogpopper, you must be one hellava Guide, that's incredible!

Hi BCHunter666, I swear by these knives, the Outdoor Edge SwingBlade and the Fish and Bone Folding Knife, and have cleaned many moose and deer in the field alone with these knives. Best knives I have ever had, not expensive either.

Push the lock button and the SwingBlade® changes from a drop-point skinner to the ultimate gutting blade to open the game like a zipper! When I hunt alone, I want the sharpest and most compact knife to get the job done quickly. I do my own butchering, so when I get my animals home I want the meat as clean as possible and without hair all over the meat, the drop-point eliminates that issue.

The Fish and Bone Folding Knife is awesome for doing detailed work when removing the backstraps, rib work, and deboning. But in all honesty, I can do it all the the SwingBlade.

When I do a deer, the SwingBlade does the job without having to sharpen it. When I do a moose I typically sharpen it 1/2 way through, I do not like working with blades that are not razor sharp to avoid any forcing and cutting myself. I sharpen it with an Accusharp and it only takes a few strokes to get the job done.

I wear them on my belt, they are nice and light, very compact and out of the way.

They both feel great in my hands as well! cool

SwingBlade

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Fish and Bone Folding Knife

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by KillerBee; 01/20/24.

KB