Originally Posted by rost495
Havalon. Haven't found a thing they won't do yet. Somethings not quite so well like fleshing a hide down. Where we lean on Green River patterns instead. But moose, bison, brown bears and things smaller down to our small deer, Havalon and never look back.
My last experience with a Havalon was 2018. I killed a nice bull elk, gutted it out with a blade I made and off to the barn to skin it. My buddy decided he wanted to help me. Bull hanging up….get to work. He decides to skin the opposite side of the bull from me using a new Havalon. I finish skinning my bull down to the neck on my side. He has to stop and change blades skinning out the ham. By the time he finished his side 30 minutes later, he had swapped out blades SIX times on his Havalon. My blade had gutted the elk and skinned out one side…..still shaved. He has bought probably twenty blades from me and I told him he was insulting me by using a Walmart blade. We laughed. He thought I wasn’t looking when I saw him toss it in the garbage can out of the corner of my eye.

You only live once, but...if you do it right, once is enough.