Originally Posted by Brad
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

When I lived in Montana I had that knife on top. Was one of my all time favorites. It got better when I took it in and had the blade flat ground. No idea what ever happened to it. My next favorite was a Puma Hunters Friend I think it was called. Lost it on a hunting trip and was never able to find another. These days my favorite knives are Schrade knives with drop point's. I have a custom knife that really is beautiful but the steel is to hard. Makes sharpening take more time. Few years ago I got aa Buck sheath knife with a drop point. First Buck knife I ever saw I liked. At some point they quit making that horrible beveled edge and this in the first one I've seen. Got a Buck skinning knife several years ago as a judges gift at a field trial. Hollow ground and pretty small but beautiful job! But for a hunting knife I do prefer about 6" fixed blade knives. But them I also use several of my Schrade folders now and then also. Something that occurred to me about my Schrade knives is they are made to use. Little softer steel makes keeping the edge sharp. My Buck's and my custom were made for bragging rights, selling points. Hard steel blades and beautiful wood handles. Favorite knives still today are my Schrade's!

Last edited by DonFischer; 01/21/24.