Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by Brad
Don, I had a Grohmann / DH Russell #1 Canadian Belt Knife from the 1960's. It was my favorite knife. My father happened to be on a trip through Pictou Nova Scotia and dropped in at the Grohmann factory. He bought the knife in the photo in the fall of 1997 and gave it to me for Christmas that year, not knowing it was already my favorite knife. I gave the old one to a friend, and have taken the bulk of the game I've shot here in Montana with that knife. I think of my dad (who turns 95 next month) every time I use it. I find it an essentially perfect knife for game. I've used other knives including small folders like the Gerber LST, but I always go back to the Grohmann. BTW, they do make it with a flat grind available.

I agree with that statement. I've owned several over the years. I'm down to an old carbon #1 found in a pawn shop.

The drop point makes it easier for dressing game without nicking the paunch and for slitting the hide on the shanks when skinning. The elliptical blade is second to none for skinning as it allows the knife to be working no matter what angle you hold it. It's mall enough to work inside a deer and yet still large enough to dress and skin a moose. Perfection!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

TTT just to attach a pic since PM doesn't allow that option???

[Linked Image]

You can no more tell someone how to do something you've never done, than you can come back from somewhere you've never been...