Gene, others, actually I do have a Gibbs and I assure everyone that there was no negative intent to my previous post. Been shooting the 240 Gibbs for more than a few years now. And have what I believe to be safe loads but a little on the high side. They dont blow primers and they dont make loose pockets with just a few loadings. Oehler says the 100 grains are running just over 3400 from a 25 inch tube which is in line with what I think they should be. I've always looked at as many pressure indicators as I can to make judgemental calls on where we're at on the pressure scales. So without an Oehler M43 its an educated guessing game at best. So I posted to see if someone had a better process for pressure determination on Wildcats in leu of instrumentation than I.<P>Now the case expansion measuring method is great for cartridges that dont require extensive forming. Do you guys also recomend it when the case has been formed using the filler method of forming? When I form the cases using the filler I get about an 80% full form. The shoulder has moved forward and now has correct headspace. But the corners have not yet sharpened fully and remain slightly rounded. Then on the first power load the case becomes fully formed. Would the next firing still produce reliable case expansion for measuring?<p>[This message has been edited by Jn316 (edited April 20, 2001).]

Thanks
Ray

...look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.