Sorry, guys, I meant to answer some of your questions long before now but got too busy stomping snakes in other places. Got pretty tired doing it, too!<P>One confusion that I meant to clear-up earlier is this one:<P>"I'm still trying to figure out your post,KEN,about a blown up rifle due to incorrect powder charge when the discussion was about case head measuring.Do you think we dont know rifles will blow up?"<P>I was sure I'd had a good reason to cite this pile of gun chunks and slivers in this thread but had to go back to see exactly what was the immediate context of my reference to it. I was sure that the context should've made it clear why I mentioned it. It seems clear enough to me, of course, but here it is for your second look:<P>"Cases already too hard to show 'excessive' expansion here (some, even at 80,000 lb/sq in.) are especially likely to become brittle in repeated firings and reloadings, and spew wild gas and bits of brass into a shooter's face. I have on hand now a rifle utterly demolished when half the head of the case blew back through the action. The rest of the case is still in the apparently unharmed barrel, but the receiver is in many pieces, and my friend still has one piece of brass in his face (a larger chunk was surgically removed)."<P>My point in that earlier post was that cases can (and do) burst and wreak a good bit of damage without bursting or swelling the barrel � that they can (and do) "spew wild gas and bits of brass into a shooter's face."<P>As an example of what wild gas can do, without bursting or swelling the barrel, I mentioned that "I have on hand now a rifle utterly demolished when half the head of the case blew back through the action. The rest of the case is still in the apparently unharmed barrel, but the receiver is in many pieces, and my friend still has one piece of brass in his face...."<P>Hope the point is clear now, and that you can see the justification for citing this once-was-a-rifle in this thread. It fits. If it's still not clear to you WHY it fits, please read that paragraph again until it's clear to you. I don't know how to make it any clearer. (Or I would.)<P>Shalom!

"Good enough" isn't.

Always take your responsibilities seriously but never yourself.