Turok / In answer to your post, and I hope this is my last post on this topic. The measurement method I described does not allow for more expansion than factory expansion.<P>In fact it is quite a bit less ,if the guidelines are followed. The factory .458 loads, measured on the belt were .0009". Just less than one thou. Speer suggested loads, going up to .0005", then reducing by 6%. A very generous saftey factor. WELL below<BR>published maximums. (Which is what Ken suggested days ago) [Linked Image]<P>I built a load ,worked up with an Oehler 43<BR>PBL, by a Stan Skinner of Guns & Ammo, Feb.2000. He gives a list of loads ,that are a couple of grains under published loads, and the expansion with new cases are .0001"<BR>The expansion on subsequent firings should be nonexistant. It has an allowance built in for an unseasonaly warm hunt or climate.<P>If a person does need more velocity or more power, rather than load a round to the maximum pressures, go to a larger cartridge. <P>[This message has been edited by Canon (edited April 25, 2001).]<p>[This message has been edited by Canon (edited April 25, 2001).]