Cannon,<P>Please don't worry about offending me, I understand peoples limitations and the fact that these boards do not easily lend themselves to the 'tone' of a persons voice.<P>I would like to state that I am familiar with the proceedure of case head expansion. I have read a fair amount about it on the various boards, in the Speer, Nosler and Nick Harvey manuals as well as in Ken Waters Pet Loads. Like yourself, I have used it for a few years now. <P>Although I do not rely on it, I use it out of sheer curiousity and as a means to collect data for when I am able to purchase strain guages. I have found a cheaper setup that runs for under $3oo US. This is enough equipment to use on three guns. Obviously the less guns you use it on the cheaper it's going to be.<P>Anywho, what I was attepting to ask had nothing to do with the integrity of the case after the rim was filed, or the interference of the rim before firing. <P>What I was asking is more related to the idea of no chamber being perfectly round and that there are weaker points in the barrel steel that would allow for more expansion in certain spots of the case head.<P>Now if you measure only one spot on the case via filed rim, it would imply that all the cases were positioned in the chamber in exactly the same way every time. If it is not, wouldn't you get different readings (+/-) with the cartridges due entirely to the variations in chamber rather than those in the pressure? If this is the case then wouldn't that essentually throw off the accuracy of the whole process?<P>Turok<P>------------------<BR><B>Make it idiot proof, and some one will make a better idiot</B>

<B>Make it idiot proof, and some one will make a better idiot</B>