A most interesting thread this has turned out to be. I for one and I'm sure most have come out with a little better feel for determining pressure signs. And its not just one sign that we should concentrate on. Pressure can show in any number of indicators. So we must watch for all of them.<P>Gene, the Gibbs cases may be formed from just about any 06 based case. IE: 30/06, 270, 280, 25/06 etc. The trick is to maintain a tight headspace on the first forming load because the Gibbs has about .10 inch longer headspace than the 06's. I start with necking down to produce a false shoulder thats really tight when chambered. If its not, I get too much stretch in the case just ahead of the web area and the case will separate in about 3-4 loading. When fired with some pistol powder and corn meal the shoulder is pulled forward and good headspace is produced. Although the shoulders do not yet have sharp corners. The next firing with a medium loading of 4831 and a 100 gr bullet fills everything out nicely. This case is now ready for testing. Hopefully the case has not been work hardened so much that it wouldnt be a reliable one for measuring case expansion.<P>Cannon, good to hear someone has been down the same thought processes as I. Your 300 widcat sounds very interesting. With a little luck I'll find some range time and test the case expansion thing with rounds that start approaching what I already know is very hot.....Ray<p>[This message has been edited by Jn316 (edited April 22, 2001).]

Thanks
Ray

...look up, and lift up your heads; for your redemption draweth nigh.